Blacksburg And Radford DUI/DWI Defense Attorney
Despite their similarities, a drunk driving arrest is not the equivalent of a traffic ticket. Rather, it is a criminal case with repercussions for driving privileges. If you have been charged with a DUI/DWI, you should consult with a lawyer as soon as possible about defending:
- Your driving privileges
- Your blemish-free record (since a DUI/DWI conviction leads to a criminal record)
- Your freedom and your future
Prevent Driver’s License Suspension Or Revocation
To maximize your chances of keeping your driver’s license after a drunk driving arrest, speak to a defense attorney as soon as possible.
To protect your freedom and your future, ask your lawyer to look for ways to demonstrate that your DUI/DWI arrest could have been in error. Was the traffic stop unjustified? Did the police fail to inform you of your rights? Discuss your case and the most promising strategies of defense with an experienced DUI/DWI defense lawyer at Magee, Goldstein, Lasky and Sayers PC in Christiansburg or Roanoke, Virginia.
Certain factors may affect the outcome of your DUI case, including:
- Your blood alcohol content as registered through a breath, blood or urine test
- Your age (since if you are under age 21 with a “baby DUI” case, you may be convicted with a lower blood alcohol content than is the case for an adult)
- Whether you have any previous DUI convictions and how much time has elapsed since any previous conviction
- Whether the police had probable cause to make the traffic stop
First DUI? Repeat DUI? Learn About Penalties And Consequences.
In the event that your blood alcohol level is elevated, you may face mandatory jail time if convicted. A well-thought-out defense may allow you to avoid this consequence of a DUI/DWI.
Naturally, anyone will hope for a case dismissal when seeking defense for a DUI/DWI arrest. Sometimes, this is attainable. Sometimes, however, success means accepting community service, ignition interlock installation or reduced penalties.
Contact A Skillful And Experienced Roanoke And Christiansburg Drunk Driving Defense Attorney
Magee, Goldstein, Lasky and Sayers PC welcomes the opportunity to evaluate your case and recommend the best course of action after you have been accused of drunk driving or cited for any type of traffic violation or criminal charges. Call or email the law offices to schedule a no-obligation consultation with a Roanoke, Blacksburg and Radford DUI/DWI defense lawyer.