Roanoke Traffic Violation Defense Lawyers
Defending Traffic Violation Citations in Roanoke, Christiansburg, and Greater Roanoke County
Defense of truck drivers, college students, motorcyclists and other private motorists is as much an art as a science. Attorney Jason V. Wolfrey and Attorney Chelesea Vaughan, upon careful consideration of the facts, often discovers that a police officer’s supposed evidence does not match up against the alleged traffic violation. They are skilled negotiators who have achieved many favorable outcomes for drivers who had been charged with breaking traffic laws.
What Actually Happened in the Traffic Incident?
After the initial shock and indignation of a driver who is cited for an alleged traffic violation, the following important questions must be addressed:
- Was the police officer justified in his or her allegations?
- Is there evidence that the charges were wrong?
- Were there extenuating circumstances that a traffic court judge might take into account?
- What strategies are most likely to achieve a desired outcome such as charges dismissed, deferred sentencing or reduced charges?
- What would be the consequences of a conviction?
What Traffic Charges Have We Defended?
Magee Goldstein Lasky and Sayers, PC looks into these and related concerns on behalf of people who have been charged with:
- Reckless driving
- Out-of-state drivers
- Habitual offender
- License restoration
- Handheld cellphone use while driving
- Fail to move over
- Fail to yield emergency vehicle
- No car insurance
- Eluding the police
- No valid driver’s license
- Hit & Run
- Suspended driver’s license
- Moving violations
- Speeding ticket
In the case of a traffic accident, police officers almost never witness crashes, but they sometimes write traffic tickets based on what they conclude happened. If you have been charged with a traffic violation or have been arrested for DUI/DWI, Magee Goldstein Lasky and Sayers, PC is ready to defend you.
Personalized Defense After A Traffic Violation in Roanoke, VA
At the trial date, every traffic case in Virginia goes before the judge. It is mandatory for the defendant motorist to either hire a Roanoke VA traffic attorney for representation or defend the case on their own in traffic court. Judges hear arguments and evidence. Consult an attorney before pleading guilty or prepaying a traffic ticket. You may actually be charged with a misdemeanor if your traffic ticket is for a misdemeanor violation. Let's discuss. Let's work together.
Questions that can help build an effective defense may include:
- Where is the line between reckless driving and improper driving?
- When are reckless driving charges based on supposed speeding that cannot be verified?
- When is there room to argue that an alleged moving violation charge should be downgraded to something less harmful?
A frank discussion will help him determine the most promising arguments in your favor before he defends you in traffic court.
Contact a Skilled Traffic Ticket Attorney in Roanoke
We can help you determine what to do next after you receive your citation. Learn how Magee Goldstein Lasky and Sayers, PC can fight for you after you have been cited with a traffic violation such as reckless driving.
A Well Established Reputation Within the Community
Responsive & Direct Legal Counsel
A Tailored Approach for Each Client
Boutique Firm Approach, Large Firm Experience
All of Our Attorneys Have Strong Backgrounds & Industry Experience
Over 30 Years of Experience